|L to R: Thomas Charnel Thorn, Alice Anmesure Thorn (Mayes), |
Willie Augusta Mayes (Bishop), Front: YaYa2, YaYa1
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Thomas THORN was the only documented child of Joseph THORN of
Joseph Merryman THORN was the 3rd child and 2nd son of Thomas and Mary Jane (MERRYMAN) THORN. Joseph was born 1715 in
Presley THORN, Sr. was the 8th child and 3rd son of Joseph Merryman and Katherine (HIGHTOWER) THORN. Presley was born 24 March 1758 in
Charnell Hightower THORN was the 8th child and 5th son of Presley and Anne (WILLIAMS) THORN. Charnell was born 1800 in
Kershwin District, South Carolina; d. 1860 in Morgan, Franklin, Alabama; m. 1857 in Franklin Co., Alabama to Judith “Judy” BRAZIL, b. 1800 in Georgia; d. 1860 in “Old Burleson”, . Charnell and Judy had one child. Franklin, Alabama
Thomas Charnel (Hightower) THORN was the only child of Charnell Hightower and Judith (BRAZIL) THORN. Thomas Charnel was born 10 May 1858 in Franklin Co.,
Alice Anmesure THORN was the 3rd child of Thomas Charnel and Willie Elizabeth (HESTER) THORN.
Alice was born 21 February 1887 in Waco, McLennan, Texas; d. 21 August 1978 in Haskell, ; m. 5 January 1908 in Baird, Callahan, Texas to Charlie Augusta MAYES, b. 6 May 1887; d. 16 May 1960 in Haskell, Haskell, Texas. Alice and Charlie had 2 children. Haskell, Texas
Willie Augusta MAYES was the 2nd child of Charlie Augusta and Alice Anmesure (THORN) MAYES. Willie was born 3 October 1918 in Odell,
; d. 25 May 2004 in Dallas, Dallas, Texas; m. 9 December 1939 in Rising Star, Eastland, Texas to Clyde Finley BISHOP, b. 29 October 1915 in Golden, Wood, Texas; d. 24 November 1999 in Brownwood, Brown, Texas. Willie and Wilbarger, Texas Clyde had 4 children.
YaYas BISHOP are the children of Clyde Finley and Willie Augusta (Mayes) BISHOP
Saturday, April 28, 2012
My grandmother (Granny Alice), ALICE ANMESURE THORN, was the second child of THOMAS CHARNEL THORN and WILLIE ELIZABETH HESTER. Thomas Charnel (TC) was born to CHARNEL HIGHTOWER THORN and JUDITH BRAZIL on May 10, 1858 in Franklin County, Alabama and died June 19, 1951 in Putnam, Callahan, Texas. Willie was born to JOSEPH HESTER, JR. and MARTHA L. KINNINGHAM on February 6, 1861 in Tennessee and died October 4, 1941 in Paint Rock, Concho, Texas. TC and Willie married September 21, 1883 in Booneville, Prentiss, Mississippi and are buried together at Eden, Concho, Texas. T.C. was a farmer and part time Methodist minister. They moved many times, mostly, to be with or care for family. Thomas Carnal THORN and Willie Elizabeth HESTER had the following children:
1. Judith Louise b. 15 June 1884 Waco, McLennan, Texas; d. 18 Oct 1919 Brownwood, Brown, Texas; m. William Jasper HARLOW on 22 Sep 1901 Callahan County, Texas. They had 5 children.
2. Alice Anmesure b. 21 Feb 1887 Waco, McLennan, Texas; d. 21 August 1978 Haskell, Haskell, Texas; m. Charlie Augusta MAYES on 5 January 1908 Baird, Callahan, Texas. They had 2 children.
3. Dora b. 11 March 1889 Bell County, Texas; d. 29 May 1966; m. Charles J. HARLOW on 4 July 1908 Cross Plains, Callahan, Texas. They had 3 children.
4. Victoria b. 23 November 1890 Prentiss County, Mississippi; d. 14 January 1979 Abilene, Taylor, Texas; m. William F. “Wid” HARLOW on 3 January 1909 Callahan County, Texas. They had 4 children.
5. Jessie “Jake” b. 3 August 1893 Prentiss County, Mississippi; d. 8 June 1980 Brownwood, Brown, Texas; m. 1) Ecil Lydia MAYES in 1910 Cross Plains, Callahan, Texas. They had 3 children. 2) Walter WESTERMAN – They had no children.
6. William Thomas “Tommie”/”W.T.” b. 22 November 1896 Fannin County, Texas; d. 1 March 1973 Paint Rock, Concho, Texas; m. Collie Hester BAUM on 5 September 1917 Brownwood, Brown, Texas. They had 3 children.
7. Hester b. 4 October 1898 Cross Plains, Callahan, Texas; d. 14 January 1986 Baird, Callahan, Texas; m. Flem W. JOHNSON on 31 January 1918 Dressy, Callahan, Texas. They had 3 children.
8. Ollie Mae b. 22 October 1900 Callahan County, Texas; d. 20 October 1978 Putnam, Callahan, Texas; m. W. D. “Bud” FLEMING on 13 December 1947. They had no children.
9. Marvin Matthew “Chunk” b. 30 November 1902 Cross Plains, Callahan, Texas; d. July 1984 Cross Plains, Callahan, Texas. He never married.